Tuesday, 6 March 2018

Getting plotting

After getting my new plot I had hoped to get started but we had snow. Unfortunately I was one of the only members of staff that managed to get into work so I ended up covering most of the missing ones. But after all that I now have a week off so it's off plotting I go.

I met the 2 men that have the plot next to me, they seem ok.

I lit the fire, it didn't burn very well whilst I was there, until I started to leave & then it was going well, unfortunately we are not allowed to leave a burning fire so I had to put the remains out.

I have been digging. I found a big lump of concrete which is far too big to get out so I have marked where it is & hopefully when I decide on my lay out I can go around it.


It looks like a nice big bit but really it's very small. I am only going to get down to the tree line this year & plant. I have been offered some paving slabs which i will use to make a path down the centre. I want to put the greenhouse halfway down by the tree line, hopefully that will mean I have less trees to get out. It will also split the plot up a bit.

I found some Gooseberries, just 2 plants which have survived but mum will be happy. I can just see some new leaves.


The ground is very soft, so easy to dig, except for all the bramble roots which keep getting in the way. I've lost count the amount of times I tripped over the stubs that have been left from cutting them down.

1 comment:

  1. We haven’t managed to get to the plot but know that it will be far too wet to dig. As for fires we are only allowed to light them one hour before dusk

    ReplyDelete