Tuesday, 15 August 2017

More crochet

Been making some more crochet items to sell for Help 4 Heroes.

Summer Fling design by Garnstudio

Lisbon Tiles design by Garnstudios
Been harvesting a lot of Lavender buds ready for putting into sachets. 

Also harvested some Calendula for use in my balms. I need to get some Arnica seeds as I don't have any of those yet. I also need to find some Dutch Buckets for a mini hydroponic style growing for the plants whose roots I use, much easier to harvest from those. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to find any in the UK so far.

Made some very nice soap, no added scents but lots of coffee grounds so that it's nice & scrubby, just great for getting all that gardening dirt from your hands.

Coffee soap, I cut it a little too big to start with, now cut that down to quarters & it's much easier to handle.

I picked loads of Blackberries to make jam with, heard about the slow cooker method & gave it a try. Not very successful as the jam didn't set properly.

I then crocheted some fish water balloons, they seem to be in vogue at the moment. Gave them to one of my gardening client's grandson, now I won't have to pick up all those little bits of balloon off the lawn.

2 comments:

  1. The soap looks like cheesecake :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soap looks good enough to eat!! wHAT RECIPE DID YOU USE?? I could really do with a decent natural handscrub!
    I'm loving your crochet items...I really need to get back into my knitting and crocheting!

    ReplyDelete