Saturday, 9 May 2015

Photo update

Sweet potatoes
 The sweet potato tuber is in soil, I keep this warm & wet to let the slips grow. I then pick them off & put them in water to grow roots before potting then up, if they already have some roots then I pot them up straight away. Keeping them warm & moist seems to work, before when I've just kept them in water indoors I've not had any success.

cucumbers & squashes

apple tree blossom
Both apple trees are in bloom this year, normally they alternate.

Sorry photo's are a couple of weeks old now. I will take more as everything has grown tremendously since then.

2 comments:

  1. Some of our apple trees are loaded this year and one has decided just to flower at the bottom. It's being a funny old year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a good way of propagating Sweet Potatoes. I am trying them for the first time, using the "rooting in water" technique. I have just potted-up in soil my first 5 slips. I'm not expecting a hug harvest!

    ReplyDelete