Friday, 14 December 2012

Bulbs

Wow, I won the  Spalding Plant & Bulb Company's Spring Bulb competition. This has been a good year after all, I was sitting there thinking I don't have much luck with competitions (never won the lottery, well OK I have but only £7) and I though "hold on" you won the Culpepper's book of Herbs from Tanya and now the Spalding's blog comp, not to mention getting a photo into Amateur Gardening magazine. Sue was a runner up and I checked out some of the other sites that were involved in the competition. I'm doing well.
My plants aren't though. The pigeons have had at most of what is left down on the allotment, the last few Calabrese heads, the Broccoli spears, the cabbages are shredded and most of the (blown) Brussels Sprouts have been eaten. So far the Kale is the only thing they haven't touched.
I did find some Beetroot hiding under the ground, I thought I had better lift those that were there, thinking they were small, but turned out that under the soil there were some large ones.
No photos today, too wet and windy and there isn't anything to look at down on the plot now.

3 comments:

  1. Now we have to choose a prize! I'm donating mine to my sister.

    What was the photo of in AG?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bird scarers, blog post 2nd September.
      That's nice of you to give your's to your sister, I'm going to have a look and see what they have for the plot.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on winning Liz..it really has been quite a good year for you after all hasn't it! x

    ReplyDelete