Monday, 22 October 2012

I took the dog for a walk today. The weather is very misty and damp so I din't bother to go to the plot. It should be ok down there. So I took some photos of the woods we went to. It was originally part of the forest that ran from London down to the coast, but like everything, most of it has been lost. This part had been used to grow conifers, now the National Trust has taken it over they are cutting down the old fir trees and re-planting our native trees. So I decided to take some photos of the firs before they are gone.





4 comments:

  1. It's a shame isn't it to cut down such lovely things but I guess the wildlife will appreciate the change to deciduous trees. Pine forests do tend to be a bit sterile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place to take your dog for a walk! I bet you both enjoyed it. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos...in a way it's a shame that they will soon be gone...but I think the National Trust are doing a wonderful thing trying to bring back to life our natural woodland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, what a mesmerizing place, it is so awesome you have this close to you. i could just put down roots as a tree and live out the rest of my days. i like that you took the photos and would like to see how they handle the exchange. i keep looking at the first picture and can almost smell the forest. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete