Friday, 21 September 2012

Bee watering hole

Remember the blue storage box that was left behind by the last tenants? I finally got round to doing something about it. I dug a hole and buried it. Then I filled it with stones and rocks, so now the bees can drink without drowning and hopefully frogs can also drink here and eat my slugs. All I need to do now is put some plants around it, I want some to trail into it not tall plants to hide it. It didn't take long to do it and it's just at the edge of my patio, I don't think it will be in the way there. It's raining out now, a bit too fine so I don't think it's going to be enough to water the plants. There is a water mains that has burst, all the water is coming down the little river that runs along the plot. It is lovely as for the first time it's actually flowing and you can hear it. Sitting on the bench was so nice having a babbling brook behind me.


I don't know why but blogger wants to put my photo in sideways. Just tilt your head or computer, that's what it really looks like. Need to sweep the dirt off my nice new patio.

4 comments:

  1. I'd pop an oxygenating plant in to try and stop the water from becoming stagnant too

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea...I have something very similar at the top end of my allotment...and an oxygenating plant is a great idea Sue...I will look into that...or maybe I already have some as the water hasn't gone stagnant at all this year?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little watering pond is a great idea! I am sure it will look lovely when you get it all finished! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sat here with my head tilted sideways :) It's a great idea - not head tilting, your little watering hole!

    ReplyDelete