Tuesday, 7 August 2012

The plot today

I spent yesterday and today picking up bricks that I got free from Freecycle. I am going to use them to make a patio at home. It took four trips in total to pick them all up, now I'm knackered. It didn't help that I trapped a nerve in my back, that to go with the bad knees I already have. Never mind, I will have a long soak in the tub that should make me feel a bit better.

I managed to pop down to the plot, mainly to check everything was OK, and to pick anything that was ready. The zucchini had grown to marrow proportions, oh well! So here's how it looks today.






I also found a poor dead little Shrew. I didn't realise they were so small. It was only about 2 inches long.




















I have managed to get some paving slabs free too. I will be collecting them later in the week and will use them as a base for my shed (when I finally manage to get one).

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Your garden pictures look great except for the shrew! lol You sure are working hard getting the bricks. Be careful! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's all looking good. For such a bad start for all of us gardeners this year it's really nice to start getting produce. Have you had any runner beans to pick yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor little shrew, I thought they would be bigger too. perhpas it was a young one. you plot is looking really good--- nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So watch your back with the paving stones.
    I once found a dead shrew on the plot - live ones are really cute but they don't live very long

    ReplyDelete