Monday, 11 June 2012

Raining again

I popped down to the plot today to put a net over my peas. The pigeons have been having a feast. However there is one pea pod, they haven't touched that yet. I have one carrot that has come up from the original sowings months back but none from the new lot. There are loads of weeds coming up.

It rained so I didn't really do much. The potatoes are growing though and there are a few flowers on them so in some way it's lucky it's raining, it means I don't have to worry about watering them at the moment. Hopefully we will have a bit of good weather soon so I can get back down there when I'm not working.

2 comments:

  1. I hope for some better weather too - if ever the plants are going to get going. Let's hope this isn't a sign of things to come in future years as this year has been exceptionally poor. Well it is so far

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pigeons feasted on my peas too... my home-saved seed heritage varieties... I cried.

    Considering enclosing whole veg plot in a super-strength cage.

    Celia

    ReplyDelete