Monday, 25 June 2012

Day 27

Well I can't believe I've only spent 27 days working on the plot. It seems ages ago (January) that I first got the plot and started digging. It was a complete mess that first day and after getting everything cut back it looked so much better. Then over the months, April in particular, all the weeds grew back. I'm still trying to keep on top of then whilst tending to the veg I already have in and digging over the rest.

My knees are feeling a lot better now I have rested them a bit. I may start digging over the last part of the plot, I also need to build a base for a shed and then install one.

I spent a good few hours down there today. Cut and laid some of the carpet along the paths. I must remember to take a new blade with me, this one is now totally blunt. Whilst I was pulling up some of the weeds that have grown around the edges of the previously laid carpet I saw a Slow Worm. Oh dear, I couldn't leave it there, I was surprised I hadn't already squashed it. I picked it up and put it in the compost heap, should be warm and safe there. I forgot to take a photo of it, sorry.

Here are the photos for today.



Things at home are not going to bad, the dog has finally come into season, so we may well get puppies this year. I'm on 2 weeks holiday from work and my replacement Camellia came (remember the dead one?).


2 comments:

  1. I'd love to see a slow worm in the garden or on the plot - I've never seen one!

    ReplyDelete