Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Day 22

I didn't update the blog on Friday but I did spend some time down at the plot. The weeds are growing but not a lot else. Some more potatoes have come up and I did put my beans in. I took some cabbages and broccoli down and planted them out but I didn't label them all individually and totally forgot which were which. I will find out when they start to get bigger.



I bought a push mower and mowed the bit of grass in front of my plot but the rest was too long and really needs strimming first. I am not going to buy a petrol one of those, too expensive, especially as I have an electric one for use at home.


I took a wander around the site and found that someone has put beehives in the woods. I knew there was someone who was going to do this but thought it was going to be on one of the plots not hiding in the woods. I don't mind bees at all, now wasps are another matter. I don't like wasps, when I was little my brother pushed me into a wasp nest and I got stung all over.



I managed a small bonfire to get rid of some of the rubbish and did a bit of digging, it's very hard going with all the roots from the brambles and nettles. Then just as I was leaving the Goodyear blimp flew overhead.


No comments:

Post a Comment