Saturday, 12 May 2012

Beautiful compost

I spent today emptying out my two compost bins. One was "cooking" all of last year, the other one I filled all of last year. I emptied out the first one, sieving it and bagging it. Then I put the top of the newer one into the first bin and started sieving the good compost at the bottom. I didn't manage to finish it all, have left about a quarter to do tomorrow when I get home from work.

I got four bags of lovely sieved compost and there is more to come but I have run out of bags. The larger lumps of compost I put straight on the garden, the worms will sort that out and anything that hadn't rotted enough I have put back into the heap to carry on rotting through this year.

Lovely compost

More to come
Sorry about the fuzziness on the photo, I didn't realise until I downloaded it and my batteries have run out so I couldn't take another.

It's going to be funny tonight when the fox turns up, he uses the heap to jump the fence. I can just imagine the look on his face when he realises his jumping pad has gone.


1 comment:

  1. Oh dear only another gardener could appreciate your enthisaism for compost!

    ReplyDelete