Saturday, 28 April 2012

I haven't got down the plot in ages, it has rained virtually everyday. I haven't even been able to mow my lawn at home, I got halfway up before it started raining again and I had top put everything away.

My plants finally arrived but I am not happy with them at all. First off they cut all the flowers off the Pieris so I can't see if they are red or not, that will now have to wait until next year. Then I got the Camellia out of it's box, the note said plants are trimmed for ease of packing, trimmed? Bloody hacked to pieces. Now I know you don't cut evergreen plants back like this but obviously they don't. It does have some buds on it and it is green under the bark so I am hoping it will survive. The Acer isn't a very good specimen either but at least it has some leaves on it.


Camellia Bonomiana


 I don't think I will buy from them again. I have sent them a strongly worded e-mail. They haven't replied yet. The delivery driver also left them outside my house where any one could have stolen them.

On a better note my old Acer Palmatum Bloodgood is in full leaf and looking very healthy after I re-potted it last year. It is about 18 years old now.


I really need to tidy up and clean the concrete but as we have a hosepipe ban this year it means I will have to get on my hands and knees with a scrubbing brush and bucket of water. I will paint the fence panel black to help show the red leaves off, this will all take time and I still need to crack on with the allotment.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Your Acer Palmatuser Bloodgood is just beautiful!! Does it flower too? Nancy at Cozy Thyme Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flowers on Acers are very tiny and insignificant. They produce winged seeds like Sycamore trees. The flowers on this one are red along with the seed. I have ten different Acers now.

      Delete
  2. Who did you buy your shrubs from? I wouldn't be happy to receive a camellia looking like that either. I've never seen one offered for sale with any leaves!

    The mature acer is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it from an on-line company called Gardening Express. I have never bought a Camellia that didn't have leaves on, they are usually evergreen depending on the species. This one is supposed to be evergreen, you are not supposed to cut evergreens back like this. I just hope it's going to survive. It is alive at the moment. I don't think I will be buying from them again.

      Delete