Monday, 12 March 2012

Day 11

What a beautiful day it was today. 19oC by 12 am all the mist had burnt off and the sun was shining, so time to go to the allotment. Got a whole bed dug today. The fresh manure is hidden under the water cistern that the previous owner left behind and the tyres are stacked at the end of the plot, these will be used for growing courgettes in. So I now have 2 beds in the second row dug, I must get wood to go round them as at the moment they look a bit like freshly filled graves, I feel like putting a sign up saying "here lies carrots, may they rest in peace until harvest time". I do hope the site doesn't suffer from carrot fly or potato blight.
  
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm afraid your chances of avoiding carrot fly or blight are slim if the site is well inhabited. We always keep our carrots covered. There's an article on my website if you are interested here

    ReplyDelete