Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Day 4

Spent about 3 hours at the plot today. I managed to get digging, a stretch about 12 x 10 ft. It was very hard work, the amount of couch grass roots that had to be removed by hand was horrendous, also included dock and stinging nettles (amazing how they always grow together). Luckily I haven't reached the bit with the bramble roots in as that will take me ages. I thought I would start on the easier side, that way I can at least start planting something up while I wait for the weedkiller to do it's job. Yes, I'm sorry, I do use weedkiller. Wouldn't be able to get rid of all the overgrowth without it and I wanted to get it done before anyone got their crops in, just in case of any over spray.

Here are the photos of the amount I got dug today. Can't get back there until Friday now, lets hope the weather holds out.





















I also took a shot of the little stream that runs along side the plot. I will need to get in there and clear out the rubbish once I have the plot sorted, that way the dog can get to it in the summer.

1 comment:

  1. Don't blame you using weedkiller to clear your plot - we did when we first acquired ours

    ReplyDelete